Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Revolutionary Christians: an introduction

An introduction:The title alone invokes both negative and positive connotations depending on which side of the liberal/conservative discussion you find yourself on, both of which are equally grandiose in their implications ( I rarely find an opportunity to use those words). But this blog is an opportunity to use the veil of the internet to be a bit more ambiguous in my points. As I write this I'm struck with a question of purpose, is this blog going to do nothing more than gratify myself by getting people to tell me that they agree with me or perhaps sway some people to my way of thinking, or is it a true and humble search to find my God? Of course I like to assume the latter but I suppose that is a question better answered in retrospection. If nothing else this will be a selfish opportunity to get some issues (be them perceived or real) about the modern church and viewpoints held by people within the church off my chest. I doubt that anyone will ever read this but I still feel I should preface this blog by saying I am not an educated opinion on theology nor am I cocky enough to think that I can fully understand the nature of God and the way that he feels about very complex issues. I hope that the rest of this blog will cause thoughts if you agree or disagree with me is not the issue, but rather do you know why you agree or disagree with me. Either way that you feel at least you are thinking about your relationship with god and maybe just to prove me wrong you meditate on the lord and he shows you one new and wonderful thing about him. That would be awesome.

This blog will not just include posts by me, but also friends that I have came in contact with throughout my life. Each one of these individuals have changed my life, and I hope that everyone that reads this blog will enjoy their opinions,(be them inflammatory at times) as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment